At Munich Re, information is fundamental to our ability to partner with our clients in order to meet their reinsurance needs. Our commitment to safeguarding confidentiality is a cornerstone of our business as Canada’s largest reinsurer. We are dedicated to ensuring that all information within our care and control is managed with the utmost professionalism and in the strictest confidence. To reflect that commitment, we have documented and observe the following principles with respect to information:
- We keep all information our clients share with us in strict confidence.
- We collect, use or disclose information from our clients only to the extent necessary to fulfil our reinsurance obligations.
- We collect all information by fair and lawful means.
- Access to information is limited to our employees who have been trained in the management of the information for authorized administration of our business.
- Information is retained for only so long as it is required to fulfil the business purposes for which we collected the information.
- We strive to ensure that the information in our possession is accurate and, where necessary, updated, by adhering to appropriate, established procedures.
- Regardless of the format in which it is held, we maintain technical and organizational security safeguards to protect information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Where information is disclosed to a third party, as may be required for the operation of our business and/or in accordance with applicable laws, we require the third party to provide a comparable level of protection.
- All of our information handling standards and practices comply with federal and applicable provincial laws including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
For further information about our Information Protection Policy and practices, please contact:
Chief Privacy Officer
390 Bay Street, 26th Floor
Toronto, ON M5H 2Y2
(416) 359-3533 or firstname.lastname@example.org